Jan 10, 2012

My Life in Finance: Eugene F. Fama's autobiography

My grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Sicily in the early 1900s, so I am a third generation Italian-American. I was the first in the lineage to go to university.
My passion in high school was sports. I played basketball (poorly), ran track (second in the state meet in the high jump – not bad for a 5’8” kid), played football (class B state champions), and baseball (state semi-finals two years). I claim to be the inventor of the split end position in football, an innovation prompted by the beatings I took trying to block much bigger defensive tackles. I am in my high school’s (Malden Catholic) athletic hall of fame.
His intellectual journey in this new paper forthcoming in the Annual Review of Financial Economics.

1 comment: