- Is modern capitalism sustainable?
- Millions From Diamonds Go to Mugabe, Observers Say.
- The Dismal Education, and Mankiw's response.
- The Believer’s Atheist. And Andrew Gelman claims Christopher Hitchens was a Bayesian.
- Slow Violence and Our Better Angels.
- The Democratic Republic of Congo's President, Joseph Kabila, has just perpetrated a massive hoax in order to retain power. Bowing in principle to the Western-driven demands to the famous but nebulous "international community," Kabila has held just held elections, which he would like the world to believe he has won . . . For several years now, Africa has been in the midst of both strong economic growth and a quiet democratic revolution. These developments have commanded few of the headlines dominated by subject like terrorists and pirates in Somalia or rape in eastern Congo, but increasingly vigorous democratic competition is becoming the rule rather than the exception on the continent. See the complete story.
- Does Gender Matter for Political Leadership? The Case of U.S. Mayors.
Dec 18, 2011
"Is modern capitalism sustainable" and other links worth looking at